Big White Wall is a new, online support platform for anyone facing tough times and issues with their mental health. This is available for free to all 16-19 year olds in South Lanarkshire. If you are under 16 and would like more information about mental health, please contact your Pupil Support teacher.
To access Big White Wall, you register by providing your postcode and date of birth on the website which can be found here:
Once registered young people will have access to the 24/7 online global community which offers:-
- A safe space to express how they are feeling
- On-line anonymous support from other members of the BWW community
- Access to resources about mental health and wellbeing
- Courses to learn how to self-manage aspects of mental health and wellbeing
- On-line support from trained counsellors who act as moderators and can intervene if a user is at high risk
Big White Wall offers:
Clinically managed online forums where people help people. Design tool to enable the creative expression of difficult emotions. Moderated 24/7 by trained practitioners who keep our members safe, and facilitate the process of people helping people in an online environment
Wide range of self-guided group and individual courses covering mental health and lifestyle topics.
Library of useful articles and resources, plus helpful tests and features to track progress.
20 million+ people have access to BWW, 70% of members join for immediate access, 55% of members feel less isolated, 64% of members access BWW out of hours
More information about how this service works can be found in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTPy2syYfwk
Please see the link below for more information on how to sign up.